Pages

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Our Trip to Disneyland Resort Paris....

I am a huge, huge Disneyland fan and so when details of the 20th anniversary were released at the beginning of the year, we immediately booked a trip for November. I love this time of year at the resort.... not too busy, not too many kids around and the park is all dressed up for the festive season. 

As we have a lot of work to do on the house in the next year, this trip had to be a budget one so we took the coach to Paris rather than the Eurostar (13.5 hours.... never again!) and stayed at the Santa Fe hotel. Normally we stay at one of the more deluxe hotels but I have to say that the Santa Fe is pretty much amazing and I would definitely stay there again. The hotel has a super fun Cars theme throughout (traffic cone lights in the bedroom? yes please!) and I imagine it would be a super fun place to stay at with children! 

We only had a 4 day, 3 night break but still managed to pack loads in including plenty of rides, lots of eating and shopping and seeing lots of shows and parades. My show highlights included Les Feux Magiques de Mickey (the annual bonfire and fireworks show over lake Disney) and Disney Dreams, the brand new nighttime spectacular. Both incredibly beautiful and a joy to watch!

On to some photographs.....  

 

Lots more of my holiday snaps can be found over on my flickr page! 

We had a wonderful time and I don't think that I shall ever be too old for or tire of visiting Disneyland Resort Paris! The prettiest of all the Disney resorts, for sure! 

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time !
    I used to go all the time as a kid but haven't been there for years !
    Would love to go back :)
    Love your pics
    Launa in Ponderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I am so jealous, it looks like you had the best time <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go about twice a year and I love it so much. You saw the Stars in Cars parade too! I loved that one. Disney Dreams was just amaazing too. Gorgeous photos xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and Joey just loved seen your post! Now we want to go back to Disney! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous, I love Disney!

    We were hoping to go back to Florida next year but we also want to do a bit of touring round Europe so perhaps we could factor in a trip to Eurodisney... now there's a thought :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous! It looks like you had an amazing time :)
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a Disney fan but your pics are so cute and the video rocks! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fireworks look amazing! I'm really craving chocolate cake now though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been to disneyland since I was 8! I am now almost 21! Hopefully I can get some people together soon & go on a longover due trip! I love these pics! Hope you had a great time xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya, just had a good read through your blog and am looking at one of your patchwork cushions as I type :) We went to Disneyland Paris in Feb with the kids and it was amazing! Stayed in Cheyenne hotel which was fine too. I just found the food there soooo expensive (for me, my other half and the four kids we have between us) and not a huge amount of variety but it was magical for the children :)

    Your Yankee candle obsession is impressive, I have quite a few and my absolute fave is Shortbread Cookie,, which they don't make any more *sob* and I now desperately want a LA shadow box... they are now only £45.50!!!!!!!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you ve made me want to go! I shall pop this onto my list for next year. xx

    ReplyDelete